Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

: Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

: Mr. Soon Kien Aik

: Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

: Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

: Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

: Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur

5 posters

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat

JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Empty NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat

Post  JDdots Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:54 am

Hi, All

Ooi!!!! , what is this?

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0015

and this...

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0016

HAH! How come got TIKUS one? What is this TIKUS doing here?

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0017

OOOH....Now I know..Snake Trap!

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0022

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0023

Ok, the whole story is like this.

Since some time back, there were numerous sightings of snakes and one of our resident's snake was bitten to death by a copra.

Our RA met a couple of times together with the residents to see what can be done. We decided to approach the Wild Life Dept. for help.

When the Wild Life Dept staff came over about 2 weeks back, they said that they could not do much to help as the area within our precint is too vast and also they commented that our park was far too clean. The snakes probably came from outside the perimeter wall (which we know very well). They came in Palma to look for frogs or rats. (So dont think of keeping rats oK!) The only thing he could do was to help us to make a Snake Trap and then see how lucky we are. Mr. President asked him how soon can it be done since this is an urgent matter and we are prepared to sponsor the cage. He could not commit. Judging from the way he talked, I was thinking..."aiya.. government talk only lah. sure wont happen one". I was TOTALLY wrong. Sorry..

Much to our surprise, our President received a call from the supervisor yesterday that he has got the cage ready for us and this is how the story come about..

For info, the cage is located next to the waste treatment plant.

TO ALL PARENTS
    PLEASE REMIND YOUR KIDS TO BE CAREFUL. DO NOT TOUCH THE CAGE & DO NOT REMOVE IT. It is going to cost us RM150 if we lose it.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Snakes could be breeding from:

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0024

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0026

(By the way, all these potential breeding holes had been filled up with stones and earth by Paramount after our complaint.)

Snakes can also hide within "Home Grown Forest" and lalang in the compounds of the unoccupied houses. We approached Paramount to contact those house owners to clear out all those rubbish. So far I think Paramount was not successful.

We sincerely hope that the above cage will bring in some positive results. If it is proven useful, than we are going to consider having a few more to be located at different locations within the precint.

One Question though:

IF WE ARE PUT MORE CAGES WITH MICE INSIDE, WILL IT ATTRACT MORE SNAKEs TO OUR COMPOUND? How it is your chance to put your thought to this question.

HAHA, my turn to have a light moment for myself after this long writing and posting of the above images. (By the way this is the first time I am successful in learning how to post images in this forum. I am been trying for so many times. Thank you, Wealthraider for helping me. I thought I was very IT savy.... aih..no lah. got to learn some more.KEKEKE)

Hi Jean Pierre, Wealthraider, what are we going to do with the snakes we catch (if there is any)?

You see my Kopitiam could not get off the ground yet as Ash has gone to the Asian Food Channel. Dolphine is no longer interested to be my food critic and Jonos is gone... scratch

What do you think I should use the snake meat as my new recipe ah?

Do you think they are better to be BBQ, or Fry, Steam Or even Rendang them?

I need you urgent reply PLEASE if not you will never hear from me again. Laughing Suspect

Regards

JDdots
    cathlhg

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Empty Re: NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat

Post  cathlhg Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 am

Show case to our Palma children as most of the city kids have never see how a snake looks like other than those sleeping in zoo...bring awareness to them that what should they do when seeing these creatures nearing them...should they run? Should they scream? Perhaps we need someone who is familiar with snake behaviour to tell us the dos and don'ts. I myself would not know what to do if it is just next to me... Shocked
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  JDdots Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi,

Sorry.. slight error in my earlier story...

"Since some time back.....one of the resident's snake was bitten to death by a cobra"

HAHAHA what a story .. SNAKE BITE SNAKE.. scratch

Should be dog bitten to death by a cobra.

My appology.

JDdots
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  JDdots Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi All,

Latest update:

I spoke to the wildlife department En. Hamzah just now, and he told me that he had checked the snake trap yesterday (Sunday) and found no snakes in the trap. There were 5 mices initially but now left with 2. He said the 3 mices might had escaped and definitely no snake intrusion. True? we have to trust what the expert says. Anyway ...NO SNAKE IS GOOD NEWS.

Sorry Cath, your kids will be disappointed for able to see real cobra at close ranch.

JDdots
    cathlhg

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post  cathlhg Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Maybe we should offer something that more interesting than mice...Mickey Mouse?? hahaha...
    I dont believe there is no snake after all these incidence lorr... Rolling Eyes
    wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  wealthraider Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 pm

JDdots wrote:Hi, All

Ooi!!!! , what is this?

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0015

and this...

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0016

HAH! How come got TIKUS one? What is this TIKUS doing here?

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0017

OOOH....Now I know..Snake Trap!

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0022

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0023

Ok, the whole story is like this.

Since some time back, there were numerous sightings of snakes and one of our resident's snake was bitten to death by a copra.

Our RA met a couple of times together with the residents to see what can be done. We decided to approach the Wild Life Dept. for help.

When the Wild Life Dept staff came over about 2 weeks back, they said that they could not do much to help as the area within our precint is too vast and also they commented that our park was far too clean. The snakes probably came from outside the perimeter wall (which we know very well). They came in Palma to look for frogs or rats. (So dont think of keeping rats oK!) The only thing he could do was to help us to make a Snake Trap and then see how lucky we are. Mr. President asked him how soon can it be done since this is an urgent matter and we are prepared to sponsor the cage. He could not commit. Judging from the way he talked, I was thinking..."aiya.. government talk only lah. sure wont happen one". I was TOTALLY wrong. Sorry..

Much to our surprise, our President received a call from the supervisor yesterday that he has got the cage ready for us and this is how the story come about..

For info, the cage is located next to the waste treatment plant.

TO ALL PARENTS
    PLEASE REMIND YOUR KIDS TO BE CAREFUL. DO NOT TOUCH THE CAGE & DO NOT REMOVE IT. It is going to cost us RM150 if we lose it.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Snakes could be breeding from:

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0024

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Abcd0026

(By the way, all these potential breeding holes had been filled up with stones and earth by Paramount after our complaint.)

Snakes can also hide within "Home Grown Forest" and lalang in the compounds of the unoccupied houses. We approached Paramount to contact those house owners to clear out all those rubbish. So far I think Paramount was not successful.

We sincerely hope that the above cage will bring in some positive results. If it is proven useful, than we are going to consider having a few more to be located at different locations within the precint.

One Question though:

IF WE ARE PUT MORE CAGES WITH MICE INSIDE, WILL IT ATTRACT MORE SNAKEs TO OUR COMPOUND? How it is your chance to put your thought to this question.

HAHA, my turn to have a light moment for myself after this long writing and posting of the above images. (By the way this is the first time I am successful in learning how to post images in this forum. I am been trying for so many times. Thank you, Wealthraider for helping me. I thought I was very IT savy.... aih..no lah. got to learn some more.KEKEKE)

Hi Jean Pierre, Wealthraider, what are we going to do with the snakes we catch (if there is any)?

You see my Kopitiam could not get off the ground yet as Ash has gone to the Asian Food Channel. Dolphine is no longer interested to be my food critic and Jonos is gone... scratch

What do you think I should use the snake meat as my new recipe ah?

Do you think they are better to be BBQ, or Fry, Steam Or even Rendang them?

I need you urgent reply PLEASE if not you will never hear from me again. Laughing Suspect

Regards

JDdots

Hi Kelvin,

I strongly support your business acumen in establishing an exotic restaurant, perhaps not Kopitiam but "Snaky-Tiam". There are many way to cook snakes meat and I am willing to share with you like no others. The recipe I am going to present to you shall keep in private and confidential. Since friendship comes before money, I am willing to waive the loyalty charges for using my recipe for snakes meat.

I have just got a fresh supply of snakes meat last Friday and had a delicious home cook snakes meal over the weekend. I didn't know you are into exotic dishes otherwise I could have invited you to join me for dinner over the weekend. Anyhow, you will have no problem getting supply of the fresh snakes meat over the next couple of days or weeks. Here are the recipes....

i. Skinned the baby cobra and soaked into warm water. Please do not use hot water as this might prematurely cook the meat and harden the meat before cooking.

ii. Minced some garlic, evenly spread it on the meats. You could chopped the meat into any size you wanted.

iii. Pour some olive oil into the meats and make sure the meats are well soaked in the olive oil. Massage the meats to make sure the garlic, olive oil are well blended into the meat.

iv. Sprinkle some black pepper on top of the meat and make sure the meats is well coated with pepple.

v. Cut some chili paddy and evenly spread on top of the meats.

vi. Pour some party leftover red wine

vii. Oven baked it for 60 mins and a delicious home cook meal is ready.

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat 250px-10
    NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Meat10
    NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Snake-10
    NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Spaceb10
    honkit7

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

Post  honkit7 Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 am

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Image00002s
    Nope! Not house for sale! Not gate for sale! Not car for sale!

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Image00001f
    NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Image000064

ingredient for sale
    Price 1Kg..... anything lah
    karen

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-08-24

Post  karen Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey guys,
    I am one who will faint at the sight of a snake.. (ok.. honestly, anything that creeps, crawls, slides..) May I know if there is any more snake sighting in our area? Have we gotten rid of the snakes or more measures to be taken to handle this.. Any latest news about the snake?

Gosh.. it is scary to know there are snakes around here...and that snake picture.. wow.. <*pengsan*>
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  JDdots Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi, Karen

If you have not mention about this snake topic, I almost forgot about it. It seems to have happen long time ago...haha.

The last time I killed a baby snake was just after honkit7 posted his picture. I almost stepped on the 2 feet snake. After that, it was sayonara, never seen any and have not heard about snakes complaints from other neighbors. Maybe the snakes feared the "SNAKE TERMINATOR JDdots" So is better to stay away.....kekeke

JDdots

lol!
    karen

Post  karen Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 am

Hi JDdots,
    Now that is a good piece of news to start my morning. Smile
    Yeah, guess you are right.. snakes are afraid of you.. our very own Arnold Schwarzernegger..
    Thanks for the info.
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  JDdots Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi, Karen

Whenever you see me at the park, flexing my ARNOLD muscles, means I am chasing away the snakes....haha Razz

I believed the actual reason why our place was infested by snakes was because their natural habitat had been disturbed by the initial construction of the highway near our precint (link from Kota Kemuning to PKNS). With the near completion, they do need to come over lah.

JDdots lol!
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat Empty SNAKES AgAIN!!!!!

Post  JDdots Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi, All

Just as I thought I was "SNAKE TERMINATOR" (joke with Karen) a few days ago, Palma was free from snake infestations. I was wrong. Question

Our RA President, Mr Siva received a call from one of Palma residents that a snake was sighted in one of the house at road 37B (house near the central park). His immediate concern was the safety of the nearby residents. As he was not in Palma at that time, he instructed our security guard to go over immediately to check the snake's movement and warn the residents. He also asked the guard to call the BOMBA. According to our guard, the snake was quite aggressive Twisted Evil and the BOMBA personnel couldn't go near it and they did not have any chemical spray with them. So they had to call JPA (Jabatan Pertahanan Awam) for help. JPA had all the necessary equipments and finally caught it. The guard took a picture of it and showed that to me.

The snake is a dark grey Cobra about 3' long and the center body of 1.5" in diameter. The snake was similar to Honkit7's picture posted before. It was in the process of shredding off it's skin. Able to see dried and shredded skin around the location where the snake was first found.

I can't imagine if anyone gets bitten by that snake!!

YOUR NEIGHBOR ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS IN TIME OF NEED

Since I am on this topic, I would like to share some pointers that I believed it is of great importance towards the friendliness and good neighborhood.

Good neighbors will watch out for your home and your family members. If you are not around or at home, you will be glad to know your neighbors are there to help in case there is an emergency.

Hand phone numbers should be known to your immediate neighbors. A few residents whom I came across during the RA recent walkabout within Palma, were skeptical about giving us hand phones numbers for reasons best known to themselves. One particular resident queried me about the relevance in giving his and his spouse hand set numbers which was required by the RA Membership Form.

The RA wish to reiterate that your hand phone numbers serve the following purposes:

EMERGENCY

This is particularly important as this could prevent lost of lives and properties.

To relate this, here are 2 examples of what happened recently within our precint:

1. The above snake incident.

2. House thought to be on fire about a week ago at road 37D. The back neighbor smelled something was burning inside the neighbor's house. But she didn't have the owner's hand set number but managed to contact our President Siva's number after sensing it was not right and the owner was not at home. The guard was instructed to check but no sign of fire yet. Siva managed to trace the owner's number from the guard house hand set and inform the owner about it. Meanwhile BOMBA was called in as we feared that the fire could have started inside the house and would then spread to the adjacent houses. I reached the house before the owner and the BOMBA (2 units) arrival.

My god!, the owner forgot to switch off the fire stove with boiling porridge on it.

** If only the back neighbor had the owner's number, then the incident could have been simpler.**

SECURITY - MONITORING of INCOMING VISITORS AND EASE OF PARKING

When you call the guard house hand phone informing them about you incoming visitor, the guard will know that you are the owner of Palma because your number will appear on the set. If any visitor claims that he knows you and without your approval, the visitor will turned away. Hence this would prevent any uninvited visitors.

All preregistered visitors do not need to park their cars anymore. Just drive up to the guard house and tell the guard whom he wants to visit.

Here are some standard procedures, perhaps the residents will find it useful during an emergency:

1. Call your immediate neighbors for help or inform them about what is happening at that time. Like the snake incident, tell all immediate neighbors about the snake's presence.
    2. Inform guard house and ask guard for help.
    3. Call the relevant government agencies to deal with emergencies. Phone numbers are available at the guard house.
    4. Call any RA Committee members who is available.

PALMA Guard House hand phone no: 012 284 4429

Our Big Thanks to the RA President Mr. Siva for his quick action and coordination. Also thanks to the back neighbor who inform the President about the potential fire.

Good Day.

JDdots lol!
    karen

Post  karen Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi JtDots,
    Thanks for your update. I was talking to Siva just now and he told me about it too. Imagine my horror when I heard that..It is great to know the caring attitudes shown by the neighbour, committee and our President. Such spirit should not just be confined within this group of people but practically everyone who stays in Palma, owner or tenants. We should regard each other as one BIG family and keep an eye on each other (not being nosy, of course)

In my previous place in PJ-non gated/guarded, we told the residents the importance of knowing their neighbors along the same street, or at least to know the left, right and front neighbours' contact number in case of emergency. Have the same "chain" duplicated for each household along the street and this will create a situation where the street has some kind of self-support/helping each other. In fact, the first person to alert on any emergency will be ideally your immediate neighbour. Our effort paid off well as the crime rate did drop as we were always on the lookout for each other. Imagine before that, we had a few breakins with the whole house furniture being taken away and the neighbours did not contact the owner as they did not know the owner's contact number.

I believe we can be ONE BIG UNITED family.. so let's open up and get to know your neighbour today Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:46 pm