Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
Speed limit within Palma precinct Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

: Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

: Mr. Soon Kien Aik

: Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

: Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

: Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

: Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur

+3
MHD
JDdots
Liew
7 posters

Speed limit within Palma precinct

Poll

What do you think is the appropriate speed limit within Palma precinct?

[ 3 ]
    Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_lcap43%Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_lcap43%Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_lcap14%Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_lcap0%Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_lcap0%Speed limit within Palma precinct I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Poll closed
    Liew

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Speed limit within Palma precinct Empty Speed limit within Palma precinct

Post  Liew Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi,
    There have been numerous complaints from residents that some inconsiderate drivers were driving very fast especially along Jalan 33/36 and 33/38.

We are running a poll to get your views on what is the appropriate speed limits to be observed within our Palma precinct.

This information would then be deliberated at the monthly RA meeting for an agreed action plan.
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Speed limit within Palma precinct Empty Speed limit within palma

Post  JDdots Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 pm

hi, Liew,

Good Afternoon.

Yes, I agree with the residents complaining about the speed limit. I personally had experienced it a couple of times before. Someone nearly banged into my car at a junction the other day. He was supposed to stop, but didnt. Luckily he put on the brake in time. I dont know whether he is a Palma resident or not.

Do not know whether your survey will work but I think it certainly will remind ourselves that safety comes first within the precinct.

I feel that the speed limit should be between 30kmh to 35 kmh. But then again one should even more careful not only with the speed limit but also be aware of young kids zooming out of the house and sometimes between the cars that parked along the road.

Thanks & Regards

JDdots
    Liew

Post  Liew Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:44 am

Hi JDdots,

I fully shared your sentiments. I'm staying along Jalan 33/36 and am totally disgusted Evil or Very Mad with some cars that tend to speed off immediately after the road hump. One of my neighbours had 4 of her cats ran over by cars within a couple of months !! (as to why she is keeping more than 2 cats allowed under MBSA, we will discuss in another topic Very Happy )

To me, this survey is just the beginning of a process in trying to get our residents / drivers to be considerate while driving within a gated community. A lot of follow up action plans would have to follow such as putting up the speed limit sign in front of the guard house, getting residents to feedback to the guard when they see a car driving above the speed limit allowed, getting the guards to give these drivers a warning...its a long process, but we have to start somewhere.

Cheers
    MHD

Number of posts : 2

Post  MHD Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi all,

I share the concern for speeding within the Palma's precinct as my abode is on Palma's busiest street 33/36. I noticed that both Palma's residents and outsiders (contractors, school buses,taxis) alike speed at different hours of the day, in particular, early morning rush, in the afternoons and evenings. While I don't subscribe to any particular hard and fast solutions to speeding, I do beleive that building more humps (1 hump every 25m) along the main road would at least deter the highly-likely "speedier" to slow down. The hump should be erected higher as the only existing hump on Jalan 33/36 is too low that the hump is often ignored by those driving 4WD/lorries/buses.

On the speed limit, I trust the ideal speed limit should be fixed at between 20km - 25km p/hr instead of the minimum 30km p/hr that was posted on the poll.

MHD
    Felix Chin

Number of posts : 4

Speed limit within Palma precinct Empty Re: Speed limit within Palma precinct

Post  Felix Chin Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi, I think the speed limit should fixed at 20 kmh. A couple months ago there was a car over took me at street 33/36 in the morning. I'm so surprise !!

Take Care

Felix Chin
    Liew

Post  Liew Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi MHD and Felix

Thank you for your feedback.

Our prez TLH is arranging a meeting with ADUN and MBSA and among the issues to be discussed is to request MBSA to construct additional road hump within our housing area.

However, for your infor, a number of our residents living along my side of 33/36 has decided to chip in to make our own road hump for our own safety. Just this morning, someone crashed his/her car into my neighbour's car parked outside the road. It was a hit & run case !!

Liew
    honkit7

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

Post  honkit7 Tue May 05, 2009 8:03 pm

I think 25-30kmh should be fine .
    Jean Pierre
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

Post  Jean Pierre Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm

I think besides that, we also have to tell our friend who visit us drive slow, Just now around 930 i saw a estima after took the visitor card thn just drive in hi speed turn right.

Some time not the resident speed, visitor also speed. -_-"

So, i think this issue have to act fast.
    honkit7

Post  honkit7 Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Implement speed camera and issue saman. Haha.

Probably could put a notice at the guard house and ask the guards to remind those visitors and can ask patrol guards to lookout for cars speeding and probably give some signal to slow them down or stop them.
    simple

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post  simple Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 pm

honkit7 wrote:Implement speed camera and issue saman. Haha.

Probably could put a notice at the guard house and ask the guards to remind those visitors and can ask patrol guards to lookout for cars speeding and probably give some signal to slow them down or stop them.
    Hi Guys,
    I think just take down the number plate and inform the guard to advise these visitors.If repeated next time prevent them from entering the precinct.If still no work then need to think of more aggresive approach. cheers
    honkit7

Post  honkit7 Wed May 06, 2009 4:24 pm

After reading this topic yesterday. I tried driving on the street on the way out by testing various low speed limit. I think 20-25kmh is just not so ok.If someone is driving at 20kmh, i think its super slow as a runner can easily run at that speed. I have tested between 30-35kmh and its reasonable. Breaking from 35kmh to 0 takes about 1-2 second, if its really hard breaking i think less than 1 second is sufficient.So at lease a child running out from a blind spot aimlessly i think one can react at 1-2 second if their reaction is slow. Else, less than 1 second for people who is alert should not be a problem. So it should be ok to set it at 30kmh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm