Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

 Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

 

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

 

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

 

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

 

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

 

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

 

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

 

                                              : Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

 

                                              : Mr. Soon Kien Aik

 

                                              : Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

 

                                              : Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

 

                                              : Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

 

                                              : Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur


    What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 pm

    I know that ever holiday all the construction activity is not allow in Palma area. Besides that I think trimming Grass also should not allow in Public Holiday or Sunday.

    I suppose have a good mood and relax at home just now, 5 minutes ago suddenly heard motor sound then 2 guys is trimming grass in my neighbour house. I think RA should stop this activity as well. Trimming grass sound also very disturbing and noisy. It had spoil my holiday mood.

    pale No


    Last edited by Jean Pierre on Sun May 24, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Toh leong Hoe
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Toh leong Hoe on Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm

    Jean Pierre wrote:I know that ever holiday all the construction activity is not allow in Palma area. Besides that I think trimming Grass also should not allow in Public Holiday or Sunday.

    I suppose have a good mood and relax at home just now, 5 minutes ago suddenly heard motor sound then 2 guys is trimming grass in my neighbour house. I think RA should stop this activity as well. Trimming grass sound also very disturbing and noisy. It had spoil my holiday mood.

    pale No

    HI Kok Xiang ! why dont you informed the guard & stopped them ? They are not supposed to do any works that caused nuisance to the neighbor during holiday .

    TQ
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Fri May 01, 2009 5:21 pm

    Toh leong Hoe wrote:
    Jean Pierre wrote:I know that ever holiday all the construction activity is not allow in Palma area. Besides that I think trimming Grass also should not allow in Public Holiday or Sunday.

    I suppose have a good mood and relax at home just now, 5 minutes ago suddenly heard motor sound then 2 guys is trimming grass in my neighbour house. I think RA should stop this activity as well. Trimming grass sound also very disturbing and noisy. It had spoil my holiday mood.

    pale No

    HI Kok Xiang ! why dont you informed the guard & stopped them ? They are not supposed to do any works that caused nuisance to the neighbor during holiday .

    TQ

    woo.. mr. President TOH holiday you not go out, still sit in front of computer to service the Palma resident~!!!

    yea, at 3:45pm they finished trim the grass, then I walk out to have a look to make sure they will out from Palma area. Actually I met them at the guard house when they coming into Palma, the security guard had told them only can trim the grass for the specific house then have to out from Palma. But the 2 guys not do that, they still ask me want to trim grass or not, then I said do not want, they keep on walk forward try to get more business, I stop them and ask them have to leave now, they can not trim the grass in public holiday or sunday.

    I followed them till guard house make sure they really leave Palma. Then I had told the guard in future, all the contractor, sub-contractor not allow to come in to do work on Public holiday and Sunday.

    The guard said but sometime they allow them to go into do work in public holiday or sunday with the request from the house owner. -_-" this I really get shock. If request then can come in... Then still make noise ar...

    but anyway thanks a lot TOH~!!!! Have a nice day~!!!
    avatar
    Toh leong Hoe
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Toh leong Hoe on Sat May 02, 2009 11:29 am

    Jean Pierre wrote:
    Toh leong Hoe wrote:
    Jean Pierre wrote:I know that ever holiday all the construction activity is not allow in Palma area. Besides that I think trimming Grass also should not allow in Public Holiday or Sunday.

    I suppose have a good mood and relax at home just now, 5 minutes ago suddenly heard motor sound then 2 guys is trimming grass in my neighbour house. I think RA should stop this activity as well. Trimming grass sound also very disturbing and noisy. It had spoil my holiday mood.

    pale No

    HI Kok Xiang ! why dont you informed the guard & stopped them ? They are not supposed to do any works that caused nuisance to the neighbor during holiday .

    TQ

    woo.. mr. President TOH holiday you not go out, still sit in front of computer to service the Palma resident~!!!

    yea, at 3:45pm they finished trim the grass, then I walk out to have a look to make sure they will out from Palma area. Actually I met them at the guard house when they coming into Palma, the security guard had told them only can trim the grass for the specific house then have to out from Palma. But the 2 guys not do that, they still ask me want to trim grass or not, then I said do not want, they keep on walk forward try to get more business, I stop them and ask them have to leave now, they can not trim the grass in public holiday or sunday.

    I followed them till guard house make sure they really leave Palma. Then I had told the guard in future, all the contractor, sub-contractor not allow to come in to do work on Public holiday and Sunday.

    The guard said but sometime they allow them to go into do work in public holiday or sunday with the request from the house owner. -_-" this I really get shock. If request then can come in... Then still make noise ar...

    but anyway thanks a lot TOH~!!!! Have a nice day~!!!

    Thank you & you have a blessed weekend
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 pm

    What the XXXXXXX Sunday I have again~!!! My neighbour is drilling hole~!!!!
    I went to complain with the security, security said that already get approve from RA Community. I think in the SOP, nobody can have any noise work in weekend and publich holiday, then the RA go to approve it then what is the point of the SOP? just for FUN? then I also can just said I get approve by sultan to do open burning????

    The pilling at new construction area already is very noisy enough for me, and plus the drilling sound~!!Now my house got 1 week new born baby, my baby is sleeping suddenly the drilling sound shock and wake my baby~!!!

    I am not sure what the security guard told me is true that is get approval from RA if yes, i really disappointed with it.~!!! RA set the rules but also break the rules~!!!

    I think RA should do something, if always simply approve what every allow ppl do this and tht in weekend or public holiday, in future sure got people will miss use it and no point for setup SOP~!!!
    avatar
    Toh leong Hoe
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Toh leong Hoe on Mon May 25, 2009 10:11 am

    Hi Kok Xiang, I am indeed very sorry & apologetic to you because of the nuisance created to you. To be frank , I have given the ' Green light' for your neighbor mr Bakaran allowing the eletrical contractor to repair thier malfunction eletrical items with the condition that he has to inform the neighbors ( I believed he failed to do so) .

    Earlier, He has called our Deputy Dato Redza for assistance which in return Dato' called me. After discussion , I told Dato that If things are really urgent in his house hold, we can allowed them to proceed provided MUST inform the neighbors & with minimum noices created ( Baskaran told me only drill 2 holes ). However things happen otherwise.

    I gave him a call immediatly right now ( 9 am), he explained that he did informed the neightbors but perhaps your house ( Kok Xiang) is few doors away from his. He did apologized for the inconvenience caused to you too.

    I m prepared to take the blame for overriding the ' SOP ' & promised that this issue will never recurred . Sad

    My apology & thank You
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Mon May 25, 2009 5:06 pm

    Mr President,

    Thank you for your information. At least I know what happen.

    About this case. I do not think URGENT term is suitable to apply. I can not see what so URGENT to install an air conditional at home! If that is religion or human life related I still can understand. Example what Mr. Baskaran family doing every early morning at 6 to 630am praying wiht the small bell with very loud Ring Ring Ring sound.If you want to kow how loud its, you can wake up every early morning and jogging along the road 33/36 then you know. For that is religion purpose, I just have to accept. But this just install an air conditional also consider URGENT is sound weird~!

    Another thing, I think Mr Baskaran only got 1 neigbour who is stay next door, the rest just stranger or unknow people that located around his area. I think he need to educate what is the meaning of neighbour. My wife and I at home for whole day and also before that because my wife just deliver. But do not have anyone come over to say hi, and inform us they are going to do some noise work.


    This what I did mention, people will miss use the thing. RA approve the thing and now RA get blame. I understand that Mr. President also hard to make this decision, what I suggest, what every not related to human life and Religion that can not consider URGENT or MUST. We should know what is the term of URGENT. If not next time everyone just simply use the URGETN word to apply for something then RA have to take the blame and responsible. So that is not worth at all.

    Thank you for Mr. President to explain the whole situation, Sorry that I am over act about this issue. But I really wish can take good rest in weekend and holiday.

    thank you~!
    avatar
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

    Over ridding SOP

    Post  wealthraider on Mon May 25, 2009 10:21 pm

    Jean Pierre wrote:Mr President,

    Thank you for your information. At least I know what happen.

    About this case. I do not think URGENT term is suitable to apply. I can not see what so URGENT to install an air conditional at home! If that is religion or human life related I still can understand. Example what Mr. Baskaran family doing every early morning at 6 to 630am praying wiht the small bell with very loud Ring Ring Ring sound.If you want to kow how loud its, you can wake up every early morning and jogging along the road 33/36 then you know. For that is religion purpose, I just have to accept. But this just install an air conditional also consider URGENT is sound weird~!

    Another thing, I think Mr Baskaran only got 1 neigbour who is stay next door, the rest just stranger or unknow people that located around his area. I think he need to educate what is the meaning of neighbour. My wife and I at home for whole day and also before that because my wife just deliver. But do not have anyone come over to say hi, and inform us they are going to do some noise work.


    This what I did mention, people will miss use the thing. RA approve the thing and now RA get blame. I understand that Mr. President also hard to make this decision, what I suggest, what every not related to human life and Religion that can not consider URGENT or MUST. We should know what is the term of URGENT. If not next time everyone just simply use the URGETN word to apply for something then RA have to take the blame and responsible. So that is not worth at all.

    Thank you for Mr. President to explain the whole situation, Sorry that I am over act about this issue. But I really wish can take good rest in weekend and holiday.

    thank you~!

    Hi Jean Pierre,

    I don't think you have over reacted and have stood up for your right perfectly. Through SOP, all the residents are rest assured for a peaceful weekend and nuisance noise maker activities should put to a stop. I could feel your pain overseeing your soundly sleep baby awaken by the noise and your neighbor in no doubtful position should owe you an apology for being irresponsible. Since he has been advised by Mr. Toh to seek consent from his neighbor to carry out installation work, he should at least pay some respect to the neighbor.

    Up front confrontation should be the right approach to deal with those ignorance. If they can't understand the annoyance of their irresponsible behaviors, then you could call our Mr. President Toh to resolve it right on the spot.

    I can't really understand why we need to have SOP since it could be overrided so easily?? I don't see there's any sensible justification for the urgency of any construction work. It's not that someone has passed away and need to build a tombstone but Palma is no graveyard.

    Installing air conditioner or any drilling work is simply unacceptable during Sunday is simply unacceptable and in no way we should approve this.

    If all the resources have been exhausted perhap malatov cocktails could be considered a diplomatic approach, which will only cost RM 1.90 a bottle (assuming you are using 1 litre bottle). V Power is not needed for this case to achieve the same effect. Smile

    coleong
    Member
    Member

    Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  coleong on Wed May 27, 2009 4:05 pm

    we should also consider people who work 5 1/2 days have only sunday to do some house work such as cutting grass or even getting a contractor around to fix things in the house. (I'm not one of them). I think if the work is only for a short time say, less than 1 hour, it should be ok. However, we should get consent from our IMMEDIATE neighbours. On another matter, my niece who visited me was shouted at for driving straight to the boom gate. she swear she did not see the notice board. Guards were rude.


    Last edited by coleong on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Toh leong Hoe
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Toh leong Hoe on Wed May 27, 2009 4:42 pm

    coleong wrote:we should also consider people who work 5 1/2 days have only sunday to do some house work such as cutting grass or even getting a contractor around to fix things in the house. I think if the work is only for a short time say, less than 1 hour, it should be ok. However, we should get consent from our immediate neighbours. On another matter, my niece who visited me was shouted at for driving straight to the boom gate. she swear she did not see the notice board. Guards were rude.

    Hi Cole ong, I noted your complaint & about rudeness of guards. In future ensure that your family members take down their name & let me XXXX them. They should be polite & provide thier services with a smile. We will transfer the guard to TIMBAKTU.

    Thank You
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 pm

    coleong wrote:we should also consider people who work 5 1/2 days have only sunday to do some house work such as cutting grass or even getting a contractor around to fix things in the house. I think if the work is only for a short time say, less than 1 hour, it should be ok. However, we should get consent from our immediate neighbours. On another matter, my niece who visited me was shouted at for driving straight to the boom gate. she swear she did not see the notice board. Guards were rude.

    I understand that some owner is 5 1/2 day work. but if every houses also said they work 5 1/2 day and every house allow to take 1 Hour noise work in weekend, we have 414 houses then the Palma never have the quiet weekend for whole year. (52weeks x 8 hours per day = 416 Hours)

    Once we approve one owner to do the noise work in weekend or public holiday, in future RA have to approve all, if not people will make noise say why last time who and who can why now I can't, RA not fair. This is the thing we have to consider because it will happen.

    For me, If the thing call URGENT then the owner should take half day leave to do it because is "URGENT". The thing that can not wait only can consider URGENT.

    So, I think only the really URGENT thing that related to religion and human life noise work is allow.

    Thank you

    honkit7
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  honkit7 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 pm

    I can understand how u feel Jean Pierre.

    There is once that my neighbour was doing construction and their work is blardy slow. Almost everyday there is drill from the early 8am till 4pm during the weekdays causing me to have lack of sleep.

    Cutting grass during sunday is acceptable provided they leave immidietally after the work is done but not driling. Strictly No No for me.

    Richard Neoh
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

    Simple repairs / handiworks on Sundays & Public Holidays.

    Post  Richard Neoh on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:38 am

    I emphathise with those families whose peace is shattered during repair works done by their neighbors on Sundays.

    However, it is a reality that some residents work 5 1/2 days per week (not me though, me being a "retiree"). Daily, they leave home before the sun is up, and arrive home long after the sun has set.

    Sunday is their only available day to do simple repairs like fixing the defective faucet, adding an electric extension, repairing their whole-house water filtration system, etc. etc.

    It is not practical to take 1/2 day leave each time such minor repairs are needed.

    True, the KPRA has a SOP. But rules are made by men (and women), to serve as a "guide", to facilitate the attainment of some common agreed objectives.

    Thus, I would suggest that we empower our President Daniel Toh, Deputy President Dato Redza, and our Hon. Secretary SP Lin (the "Triumvirate") the flexibility to use their joint discretion to allow, or disallow, specific requests for simple repairs on Sundays. This empowerment would in no way run counter to our SOP. Besides, the 3 gentlemen are men of good standing in society.

    At least, then, the KPRA, through the wisdom of this Triumvirate, can gain the respect of our beloved Palma residents. We give the residents a chance to "engage" us, rather than confront us, if their "reasonable" requests are denied.

    The alternate to this scenario could be a situation whereby residents simply do not consider the KPRA relevant.

    Such residents may feel that they can do what they like, when they like, how they like, so long as it is within the confines of their "territory".

    Not much we can do, legally speaking, can we?

    My 2 cents worth.

    Richard.
    avatar
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Jean Pierre on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 pm

    If the resident just treat the SOP for nothing what is the point of SOP? Then no point we setup the SOP. I know SOP just a guide but we should control.

    For me, if the resident thing is URGENT, yes but please get permission from the KPRA and also permission of the neighbour. I think Permission of the neighbour is more important then permission of RA because neighbour is the one you have to see daily, if not another fighting case may be happen. It had happened in Palma neighbour fighting because small matter~!

    I understand that the resident can do what they like but if the neigbour not happy will fight then not benefit to anyone.

    So i think although KPRA got right to give permission, but the neighbour still the main concern.

    Richard Neoh
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Richard Neoh on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:12 pm

    Jean Pierre,

    We are in full agreement, absolutely. The immediate neighbors should first be consulted, then the KPRA.

    Richard.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What should not do in Public holiday & Weekend!!!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:54 am