Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

: Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

: Mr. Soon Kien Aik

: Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

: Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

: Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

: Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur

5 posters

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK

Jonof_em

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK

Post  Jonof_em Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:24 am

Recently OLD TOWN just launch a new breakfast promotion. So, yesterday morning my wife, my father in law & I went to Old Town at KK because of the New Breakfast Promotion.

So we order different set of the breakfast,
    set 1 2 egg + 2 bread + Kopi-O
    set 2 Fired Bee Hoon + Teh-O
    Set 3 Western breakfast + Kopi-O

We was place the order around 915am. Then can see the worker very busy rush here and there. After 15 minutes, the 1st cup of Kopi-O arrive, then we thought the waiter will send another 2 cup of drink in a minute. bu we wait another 10 min, they never send anything. Suddenly send 2 pieces of bread my wife started eat the bread and waiting for the egg to come, then after 5 minutes only send another cup of Kopi-O, after another 5 minutes send the fired bee hoon,....drag and drag... after 15 minutes, the egg never serve and the western breakfast also never serve, the teh-O also never serve, then I complain to the boss or person in-charge there is CHINESE GUY, I said why your food serve not complete and take so long time, He gave me a very lousy excuse,
    "because this breakfast is our new promotion so we still new with the food serving, then if you want to try come next time"

Then i just directly answer him "No next time."

The guy " Never mind, we do not care".

What the hell this kind of service~!

Simple food have to serve more then 45 minutes to 1 hour? and give the stupid idiot lousy answer~!

When Mc Donalds got new promotion, do they need 45 minutes to serve?Evil or Very Mad

I really very angry with that kind of lousy service~!! This is terrible lousy service, if you think customer is not important then just do not open shop~!Evil or Very Mad

Not only we angry with that, another couple was there before we go in the shop. That old couple also very angry because they wait there almost 45 minutes, they only serve a cup of Kopi Ais. Then they just cancel the order.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS KIND OF LOUSY SERVICE SHOP~!!! BOYCOTT THIS KIND OF SHOP~!!!
    LET IT SHUT DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE~!!!BECAUSE THEY NEVER THINK TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES~!
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty BOYCOTT OLD TOWN KOPITIAM AT KK

Post  JDdots Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Dear Jonos.

Nice to meet you over this forum.

BRAVO Jonos. I cant wait to agree with you ABSOLUTELY.

Infact my wife loves to drink coffee & eat old style toasted bread with nice kaya & butter.
    There are not many places we can find this kind of serving in Klang valley although we know where to get them, except too far away.

So when their promotion ad came out last saturday, my wife was so happy that we can eat at the place nearer to our home and we went over.

Of course, there were many customers at that time. We waited more than 15 minutes and there were no one to serve us and as you say, we asked the CHINESE GUY to get our orders and he asked us to wait with a SOUR FACE look. His attitude is like kind of " if you can wait you wait lah".

After another 5 minutes. My wife who loves to eat the bread so much, also cannot tahan already. So we left. Mind you, the previous customer leftover on the table was still there when we left.

The point it, why have promotion if you do not have enought staff to cater for. You are digging your own grave. I am quite sure he had offended not only new customers but also those who patronize his shop before.

My wife declared that she won't step into his shop again.

Nice sharing this thought with you

Good day

JDdots
    Toh leong Hoe
    Toh leong Hoe

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty Re: BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK

Post  Toh leong Hoe Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi to Jdots & Jonof , there will be only ' Stuck up' staffs and for sure not ' stuck up ' boss if the operator is a genuine businessman. I believed the ' CHINESE GHOST' you guys mentioned should be the manager.

There are many channel to forward your dissatisfaction conmplaint as follow:-

A)The boss
    B)Old Town coffee Franchisee HQ
    C) Consumers association.

We pay money not to be disrecpected.F... Him to the moon

Thank you
    Jonof_em

Post  Jonof_em Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Yes I had email to OLD TOWN HQ since yesterday after I had my long hour breakfast. But until today they never give any feedback. I wish they will give an feedback.

I am not sure who is that chinese guy with spec, but because of his poor service and the way he treat the customer, our family member never step into this shop again.

Mr Toh, you sound like know the Boss or you are the Boss? if yes please fire that poor & lousy Chinese guy~!! Thank for your suggestion~!

JDdots, you and your wife is Roti Kahwin fans also. My wife also fans of Roti Kahwin. Hahah.. so let me find out the best Roti Kahwin place near by and share with you. oki.
    Jean Pierre
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

Post  Jean Pierre Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:12 pm

WOo... so bad. haha.. luckily I am not Old Town fans, I am very anti Old Town..Razz because I like Kemaman Kopi that can not find in KL weekk... clown

A lot of my friend who from Ipoh quite anti Old Town, they said the food there very lousy and make the Ipoh Food worst. wops... so serious. I am not sure, I seldom go. Actually I never step into the Old Town in KK since it open till now. I think the shop open during Chinese new year right? hee..

But anyway thank you for your sharing.Very Happy

wOo... JDdots~!! u are Old Town Fans~!!! kaka.. I think Old Town can form their member club dy.:p heeee
    wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty Boycott Old Time Kopitiam at KK

Post  wealthraider Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:28 pm

JDdots wrote:Dear Jonos.

Nice to meet you over this forum.

BRAVO Jonos. I cant wait to agree with you ABSOLUTELY.

Infact my wife loves to drink coffee & eat old style toasted bread with nice kaya & butter.
    There are not many places we can find this kind of serving in Klang valley although we know where to get them, except too far away.

So when their promotion ad came out last saturday, my wife was so happy that we can eat at the place nearer to our home and we went over.

Of course, there were many customers at that time. We waited more than 15 minutes and there were no one to serve us and as you say, we asked the CHINESE GUY to get our orders and he asked us to wait with a SOUR FACE look. His attitude is like kind of " if you can wait you wait lah".

After another 5 minutes. My wife who loves to eat the bread so much, also cannot tahan already. So we left. Mind you, the previous customer leftover on the table was still there when we left.

The point it, why have promotion if you do not have enought staff to cater for. You are digging your own grave. I am quite sure he had offended not only new customers but also those who patronize his shop before.

My wife declared that she won't step into his shop again.

Nice sharing this thought with you

Good day

JDdots

I had the first hand experience during the very first week of operation. My wife, daughter and myself ordered some noodles, french toast and lemon tea for dinner. It's not that I have super memory that could remember every single details but their curry laksa and french toast are my favourites. I always like to have the french toast as desert after the main course and I always do. I wouldn't deny I am a big fan of Old Town Kopitiam some other places other than KK. I thought the Old Town Kopitiam would live up to my expectation as so many Kopitiam that I have frequented in Sunway Pyramid, SS 15, USJ and etc never failed to fulfil my expectation. However, I would agree with you all that the Old Town Kopitiam is the real exception. You really need to have a spider like of patience to dine there.

As usual, I told them french toast comes later after meal or together with the main course is alright. I ended up having french toast as my main course, noodles come later and then the drink. The time gap for each delivery is around 10 to 15 mins. I was hungry tired after a long outstation trip and I didn't have much energy reserve to create big havoc in the restaurant. Since then, I never step into the Old Town Kopitiam due to their lousy service and premium price they are charging for the food. For the other Old Town Kopitiam I wouldn't mind but not for the one in KK.

For those who craves for nice toast or buns to go with nice cup of coffee, not to mentioned the coconut rich nasi lemak, you could always try out Kheng Kopitiam. Their service quality is good, the waiter/waitress are friendly. The owner is very humble and down to earth and most importantly their food is tasty. For the same type of food I had in Kheng Kopitiam, I am paying easily 30% less than what I used to pay at Old Town Kopitiam in KK.

Regards,
    Andy
    Jonof_em

Post  Jonof_em Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 pm

hi, brother wealthraider, where is the Kheng Kopitiam u mention?
    Post the map here. We can go and try! Great to discover a great food like found a gold!
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty kheng kopitiam

Post  JDdots Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi, Jonos

Kheng Kopitiam is in kk also and is behind Maybank or Hong Leong Bank (Am I right, Andy?). We have not being there before. Will try out ourselves since Andy had a good recommendation.

Ya, why not try it out there ourselves.

Regards

JDdots
    wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty Kheng Kopitiam's location

Post  wealthraider Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am

Yes, the kopitiam is right behind Maybank.
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty Roti kahwin

Post  JDdots Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi, good morning, Jean Pierre

I am not a OLD TOWN fan, But Roti Kahwin Fan especially my wife.Laughing

Ei, since you can bake such a nice, lovely & delicious Roti, may I suggest you provide us them, Jonos provide the kahwin of kaya & butter, I provide the coffee and let start a self contained kopitiam called PALMA KOPITAM (only meant for Palma residents). We invite Toh, Andy to test them out. What say you guys. HAHA KEKE

Regards

JDdots
    Jean Pierre
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  Jean Pierre Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:43 pm

JDdots wrote:Hi, good morning, Jean Pierre

Ei, since you can bake such a nice, lovely & delicious Roti, may I suggest you provide us them, Jonos provide the kahwin of kaya & butter, I provide the coffee and let start a self contained kopitiam called PALMA KOPITAM (only meant for Palma residents). We invite Toh, Andy to test them out. What say you guys. HAHA KEKE

Regards

JDdots

hahah.... if you guy dun mind I am oki with it, we can have a cup of coffee with Roti Kahwin at our Park kaka..

But my bread still not the very good quality la.Razz hee.... oki oki la.:p heee
    wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

BOYCOTT - OLD TOWN at KK Empty Palma Kopitiam

Post  wealthraider Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Regards

JDdots

Hi Kelvin,

That sounds like a great idea. My wife and I have been eating out most of the time and have tried almost all the food outside and nearby. Having a Palma kopitiam will definately get popular in Palma. In fact, my neighbor Siva was telling me we could open up a grocery shop within Palma selling some daily necessities such as bread, eggs and etc. Opening up a business within Palma does not need RA's consent nor MBSA because we could operate as on invitation basis. Smile

Hi Jean Pierre,

I am amaze with your bakery talents. You sure could join venture with Kelvin to open up a Kopitiam at Palma. I will support you. Smile

Regards,
    Andy
    Jean Pierre
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Post  Jean Pierre Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 am

wealthraider wrote:

Regards

JDdots

Hi Kelvin,

That sounds like a great idea. My wife and I have been eating out most of the time and have tried almost all the food outside and nearby. Having a Palma kopitiam will definately get popular in Palma. In fact, my neighbor Siva was telling me we could open up a grocery shop within Palma selling some daily necessities such as bread, eggs and etc. Opening up a business within Palma does not need RA's consent nor MBSA because we could operate as on invitation basis. Smile

Hi Jean Pierre,

I am amaze with your bakery talents. You sure could join venture with Kelvin to open up a Kopitiam at Palma. I will support you. Smile

Regards,
    Andy

Hua hua.. Thank you, I am new in baking bread. What I show is the success on, I have a dozen of fail bread that never show kakkaa..

But, seriously I really got plan to run a small family type of Kopi Tiam. I so miss all the small small old Kopi tiam in my hometown kedah and Penang. See, Roti Kahwin, half boil egg, Triangle Nasi lemak, Ham Jim Peng, Yao Cha Kuai... can see few senior have a chit chat...

hua hua.. but just think la.a.. coz that is too expensive to run food biz...

heee but we run at home with invitation kakaka.. or open space Kopi tiam at the Park.Razz heee

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:55 pm