Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
All About Termite Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

: Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

: Mr. Soon Kien Aik

: Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

: Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

: Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

: Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur

5 posters

All About Termite

wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

All About Termite Empty All About Termite

Post  wealthraider Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:10 pm

All About Termite Blog_t14

I am no expert of termite and would like to share with you all some information about termite.

[quote]
    Biology

Subterranean termites are ground-dwelling, social insects that live in colonies. A colony or nest of subterranean termites may be up to 12-20 feet below the soil surface to protect it from extreme weather conditions. Termites travel through mud shelter-tubes to reach food sources above the soil surface. The mature termite colony has three castes: a) reproductives (king and queen), b) soldiers, and c) workers. The colony reaches its maximum size in approximately 4 to 5 years and may include 60,000 to 2,000,000 workers. New colonies are formed when winged males and females from a parent colony emerge in flight or swarm. It is thought that a colony must be from between 2 - seven years of age before it can throw-off swarmers. The photo above is a dish of two types of termites. Subterranean on the left and drywood on the right.

Drywood termites need no link to the soil to obtain the water needed to support the colony. Although the colonies are smaller, they can still do a lot of damage to a home. And the worst thing about this type is that they are virtually impossible to detect and locate inside a structure. Most times, the extermination includes erecting a huge colored tent over the house or structure and pumping gas into the tent to fumigate the termite colony. This is a very costly process, and their is no residual benefit to having your home fumigated.

Evidence of Termite Infestations

* Wood damaged by termites always has remains of mud tubes attached to wood galleries or tunnels in an irregular pattern. The tunnels may contain broken mud particles with fecal materials. In the case of an active colony, white termites may be found in infested wood.
    * The presence of flying winged males, females or their shed wings inside the building indicates an infestation.
    * The presence of mud or shelter tubes extending from the ground to woodwork or on foundation walls also may indicate infestation. Workers travel periodically via shelter tubes to their nest to regain moisture and perform feeding duties. Each mud tube is approximately the diameter of a lead pencil.

How Old is the Damage?

Based on general feeding activity, it takes 3 to 8 years to cause appreciable damage. There have been some predictions that, under ideal conditions, a termite colony of 60,000 workers may consume a one-foot length of 2" x 4" pine in 118 to 157 days. In Texas, the extent of damage may be different because of extended feeding activity during the lengthy foraging season.
    honkit7

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

All About Termite Empty Re: All About Termite

Post  honkit7 Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:54 am

Have you ever seen termites before?? If no, check this out.

All About Termite Dsc5971

All About Termite Dsc5995
    Jean Pierre
    Jean Pierre
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

Post  Jean Pierre Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:10 pm

your house one ar? So serious? Do you ask Paramount come have a look for this ???
    honkit7

Post  honkit7 Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:33 am

Yup. That hole happen only in 3 days.
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  JDdots Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi,

To those who have not seen termites like the pictures posted here by honkit7, the pictures look scary & horrifying isn't it? Wait till you see them in real life action, destroying your beloved belongings!

Now it is time to check your house at every nooks & corners. Don't be surprised to find these tiny little hardworking wood/paper eaters are in your house since honkit7's house was the first to be infected.

I am doubtful that the termite treatment chemicals used under our house (treatment during/before construction)were up to standard, otherwise honkit7's house would not have infected so soon. Our warranty covers for 5 years.!!! Anyway, our friend, Andy is going to write to Paramount demanding for assistance (Paramount only ask honkit7 to call up the anti-pest company by himself). If that fails to get Paramount to help, our next course of action would be to go to the media.

I had this termites infection experiences in both my previous houses. My first encounter was, when one day I went to my store room to get my garden tools, I heard tweezer noices coming out from the paper boxes where my daughters kept all her past secondary/university books and notes. Thinking that there might bee rats inside, I opened up one of them. To my horror, Evil or Very Mad they were hundreds of tiny termites enjoying chewing the paper goodies. As I opened another and then another box, all were infected. I was wondering how come I didn't notice it all the while as I went in & out of the store so often, and the outside boxes were still in perfect condition. Actually the termites were smart insects. All they needed was to make a small hole to gain entry into the boxes and ate what were inside. As I traced their trials, it led me to the wooden door frame of which part of it was already hollow.

It is very difficult to prevent termites to attack our house because most of them are from underground and we don't get to see them until they are on ground. They will eat the way up to the roof.

Here are some of personal advices as to how we can lessen the chance from being infected:

1. Try to limit paper products at home especially old newspaper (please send them to
    our recycling venue, time & date indicated in our forum). If you have books/reading materials that you want to keep for a long time, suggest to keep them in plastic containers with covers and add in some mothballs.

2. Do not keep unnecessary wood based material such as left overs from renovation.

3. Get anti-pest company to spray anti-termite chemicals in and outside your house. Get their advice what to put in your wooden cupboards. Or if you are a DIY guy, get the anti-termite chemical from hardware store and spray it yourself.

Good day.

JDdots
    honkit7

Post  honkit7 Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Advise your friends and family as well who are staying in condo. Had a friend who lives in condo many storey up too affected.
    Toh leong Hoe
    Toh leong Hoe

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post  Toh leong Hoe Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:53 pm

honkit7 wrote:Advise your friends and family as well who are staying in condo. Had a friend who lives in condo many storey up too affected.

HI Honkit, Since we are meeting tomorow with Paramount @ 11am - 10.6.09.( Paramount office)
    It will be good if you can join us by bringing along the following

A) Your photograph of termites attacked Parquet.

B) A copy of Police report over the maid impragnated by Paremount Pakistanis worker. ( we do not have the lady contact, i believed tht she is your neighbor ?? Right ?

Hope to see u & dad tomorow.

Thank You

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content