Kemuning Palma Forum V0.1

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME TO KEMUNING PALMA PORTAL
If you already is the member of the forum click Login button at below to Login.
If you not a member for this Forum, please register yourself to view the FULL version of the FORUM.

This Portal best viewed with FIREFOX web browser. http://www.firefox.com

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is open to all. This is a platform for resident to post their suggestions and comments for a safe & comfortable environment to live in.

Note that this portal is no longer active. We have migrated to the new portal effective immediately to http://palma.groupsite.com/main/summary. Please register yourself in the new portal. Thank you.
Maintenance & Security Fee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm by Admin

"Dear residents,

The half yearly maintenance & security charges for January - June 2010 which amounted to RM480 is now due for payment.

If you are paying by cheque:
- Please make your cheque payable to "Persatuan Penduduk Jalan Kemuning Palma".
- Write your name, house number and street name at the back of the cheque.
- You may drop your cheque into the Drop-In box …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» PALMA NEW FORUM
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 am by zero4.bd4165

» LOST & FOUND
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 pm by karen

» NEw cOOking ReciPe - Snake Meat
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm by karen

» House Value
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm by yapck

» JOKES Corner
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm by JDdots

» What is AGM 2010 really transpired?
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm by JDdots

» wall and floor tiles
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm by binggo

» PARKING CONGESTION
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am by wealthraider

» Gong Xi Fa Chai 2010
PARKING CONGESTION Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 am by JDdots

2010/2011 New Committee

President                            : Mr. Sivakumar S. Ratnam

Deputy President               : Mr. Lim Hen Chin

Secretary                            : Mr. Gobinath Nadarajan

Deputy Secretary               : Mr. Andy Chew Boon Keat

Treasurer                           : Mr. Lee Chee Foon

Deputy Treasurer               : Ms. Mimi Nur Liana Bt. Abdullah

Committee Members        : Mr. Thayalan Retanavalu

: Mr. Kelvin Lee Yeow Wah

: Mr. Soon Kien Aik

: Mr. Sajeesh Vidyasagaran

: Mr. Anthony Chong Wann Sheng

: Mr. Mohd. Najeeb Bin Khalid

: Ms. Mupinderjeet Kaur

4 posters

PARKING CONGESTION

edmdfwk
    edmdfwk

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

PARKING CONGESTION Empty PARKING CONGESTION

Post  edmdfwk Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi,dear residents of Palma,

I totally agree with attempts and efforts to improve and enhance our property value in Palma.Obviouly,security and landscaping are the two most important features in a gated and guarded community like The Palma.
    There is another irritating problem facing the residents/owners whose houses are not facing the parks. There is really a parking congestion because it is very common that each house has more than two cars.Actually it is not a problem if the residents /owners are understanding and there is a give and take attitude that they may park their cars at the empty pieces of land as long as they don.t block the entrances of the houses. Unfortunately,we do have some 'kiasu'owners/residents who think that the piece of empty land infront of them is theirs.I once had a nasty experience when a guard came to knock at my gate to ask me to drive away a car which belongs to my brother-in-law who parked at the empty space opposite my house just less than half an hour.
    I personally feel that some effort has to be done by the new RA committe to advise/discipine the residents/owners that the piece of emty land in front of their house belongs to the local authority and any visitor or resident of Palma has the right to park his/her car there as long as the car dosen't block the main entrance of the house.The guard house must also be alerted that they should not simply comply to the complaint and request of the resident/owner.They cannot behave in such an ignorant manner.Thank you for sharing with you all. cheers cheers cheers
    JDdots
    JDdots
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

PARKING CONGESTION Empty Re: PARKING CONGESTION

Post  JDdots Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 am

Hi, edmdfwk

Nice to see you writing here.

Many residents here are wealthy lots (hahaha) and therefore more than 2 cars in a household is not uncommon. And worst still when many of them refused to park their cars in their own porches. Most of them prefer to park outside. Hence that account for parking space shortage.

I am one of the lucky ones as the opposite side of my house is an empty space. But I cannot claimed it my "space" as it belongs to the authority. Anybody have the right to park there as long as their cars do not block your neighbor's entrance. This is common sense.

The guard in this case was probably been "instructed" to come to you by that neighbor of yours. The fact is the guard had no authority to follow that "instruction". I believed that it was just his ignorance. Their minds are not as smart to analyze this.

I would like to highlight that the RA committees also do not right to discipline any residents. Quite unfortunately, you have one "kiasu" neighbor.

Good day

JDdots
    lol!
    binggo

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  binggo Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi edmdfwk,

Parking cars on the grass within the park should not be encouraged as it not only damages the grass, can be unsightly if everyone starts to follow. However, I can understand your feeling, especially the incident happend infront of your guests.

From my observation, the shortage of carparking area is caused by selfish neighbours who prefer to park their cars outside instead of within their house compound. There are some who have even gone to extent of keeping the cul-de-sac as their private carparks, thus keeping the car porch free for storage!!!
    edmdfwk
    edmdfwk

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

PARKING CONGESTION Empty Parking Congestion

Post  edmdfwk Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi dear residents of Palma,
    First of all, let me thank JDdots and binggo for responding my post. I appreciate your view and comments. It's not a big issue, The congestion only happens in the evenings when everyone comes home or during public holidays and functions.As I mentioned earlier in my post that if every resident is understanding and accomodating,one can simply find an empty space to park his/her car freely on condition that it dosen't block the main passage of a house.I may have used the word 'discipline' too strongly to express my feeling but the least the RA committee can do is to bring up this issue in their forth coming meeting with the residents. Hopefully with this follow-up,I will not be so unfortunate to have this 'kiasu' neighbour.
    As regards to some residents not parking their vehicles inside their porches,I can understand their reasons because some of their families have children and grandchildren, hence,the porch provides a good playing area for them.Have you all tried parking two cars inside your porch side by side?(I mean the standard design of our house)You almost rub your body against the cars as you move out to the gate.
    Once again, thank you all for sharing with me.
    wealthraider
    wealthraider
    Bronze member
    Bronze member

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  wealthraider Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am

edmdfwk wrote:Hi dear residents of Palma,
    First of all, let me thank JDdots and binggo for responding my post. I appreciate your view and comments. It's not a big issue, The congestion only happens in the evenings when everyone comes home or during public holidays and functions.As I mentioned earlier in my post that if every resident is understanding and accomodating,one can simply find an empty space to park his/her car freely on condition that it dosen't block the main passage of a house.I may have used the word 'discipline' too strongly to express my feeling but the least the RA committee can do is to bring up this issue in their forth coming meeting with the residents. Hopefully with this follow-up,I will not be so unfortunate to have this 'kiasu' neighbour.
    As regards to some residents not parking their vehicles inside their porches,I can understand their reasons because some of their families have children and grandchildren, hence,the porch provides a good playing area for them.Have you all tried parking two cars inside your porch side by side?(I mean the standard design of our house)You almost rub your body against the cars as you move out to the gate.
    Once again, thank you all for sharing with me.

It has been a norm for most of the residents to park their car outside of their compound thanks to the defective home design that we all have bought in. Some house owners with a little bit of foresight have widen the porch area with two cars parked in no problem. Most of the residents who have not remodeled the car porch would have to squeeze in two cars and rub through the car body for every walk in and out. There seems to be not much of option left for the residents as ones would have to choose between inconveniences and road safety. Wealthraider has chosen the first option mainly because road safety is of higher priority.

Many residents have overlook the safety hazards created from roadside parking. If ones may notice carefully, both right and left side of the car porch access have been parked by cars and how could a child with 3 feet and below height could look out for any incoming vehicles? A good size MPV or SUV vehicles is good for blocking the vision of an adult who's trying to cross the street. The drivers driving along the street are as good as blind to notice any child who's trying to cross the street behind those cars parking along the road shoulders.

If you have a chance to drive along road 36 then you would know what wealthraider is trying to say. Road 36 is the busiest street in Palma precinct and most of the residents have the tendency to park the cars by the roadside. It's really not hard to imagine what will happen if a kid dash out to the street trying to catch a ball and a car driving at high speed maneuvering through the roads packed with cars parking on both sides of the street.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:08 pm